I found this recipe online and thought it was too good to be true, but she is telling you the truth – these things are easy and AMAZING!
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, unsalted (preferably organic)
- ⅓ cup honey (*see note below to reduce sugar content)
- 1 whole egg, or a flax egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix together the first five ingredients until a thick, gooey batter forms, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop, drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat, or parchment paper. This dough is much stickier than traditional cookie dough, but don’t worry, it’ll turn out just right.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350F, turning the pan half-way through the baking time so that the cookies brown evenly.
- Once the cookies are lightly browned, remove the pan from the oven, and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. They will firm-up as they rest, so this step is important!
- Once the cookies are cool, and firm enough to handle, use a spatula to transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature, with your favorite beverage, or chill in the freezer for a cold, chewy treat!