Who says Paleo has to be boring or stripped of treats and indulgences?
In moderation, all with some modifications, so many favorites can be enjoyed! After experimenting and taste testing, our family believes we have the most awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe out there! It has become a household staple for most friends and has endured some of the toughest NEVER GONNA GO PALEO critics, and yet even they love them!
This recipe originated from the Paleo Plan website, and has since evolved and is reflected below. I hope you enjoy every delicious morsel of goodness!
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup pure agave, honey, or maple syrup (I always use agave)
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (separated from rest of wet ingredients)
– 3 cups almond flour (blanched or unblanched)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (often times found in the bulk section)
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp kosher salt
– 1/3 cups Ghiradelli’s 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips (separated from rest of dry ingredients)
Preheat the over for 375 degrees.
You may assemble the cookie dough the way you choose, but here is how I do it and the way I like best:
1) In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients together (except the chocolate chips) and combine well.
2) In a smaller mixing bowl, add all the wet ingredients together (except the coconut oil) and mix well.
3) Once this is done, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
4) Add the melted coconut oil to the combined mixture, and mix well.
5) Add the chocolate chips next.
6) Your dough is ready to go! Take out a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper (I do not recommend going without).
7) Use a rubber spatula and spoon to dish the cookies onto the cookie sheet. I like good-sized cookies, so I put 20 cookies on my sheet.
8) Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Keep on eye on them! I have accidentally burned them many times because I get distracted so easily. I take them out when they are golden brown on top and fairly firm (not hard).
9) Let them cool for 10 minutes (if you can wait that long, lol!). Enjoy them! They are so delicious!
I would love to get some feedback, so please comment!