You know those Fall days that are just begging you to sit down with a hot coffee (or cocoa) and a warm, baked treat, relax, and snuggle up in a blanket and just enjoy the beauty of the outdoors?! I look forward to these wonderful days all year! And definitely more than the snow to come here in Utah!
Anyway, on one of these nights, as my family was preparing to carve pumpkins, we baked this recipe by Juli (www.paleomg.com). I actually feel kinda bad I don’t post more recipes from other people, but I just love so much of what she puts out! (Does that sound wrong?)
To us, this recipe is basically a cupcake version of chocolate chip cookies with a chocolate glaze on top! And it has great consistency and bounce and is perfectly sweet!
Link to recipe source: http://paleomg.com/chocolate-chip-cupcakes-chocolate-glaze/
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅛ cup cashew butter (I used almond butter)
- ⅛ cup maple syrup/agave/ or raw honey (I used agave)
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips (I used Ghirardelli’s 60% Cacao Choc. Chips)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips (I used Ghirardelli’s 60% Cacao Choc. Chips)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (I used almond butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a large bowl to first mix all your dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Then mix your wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, cashew butter, sweetener, eggs, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
- Line 6 muffin liners with silicone muffin cups or paper muffins liners, place batter evenly in cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking, add your glaze ingredients to a bowl, place in the microwave for around 1 minutes, then stir until chocolate chips are combined.
- Pour over top of cupcakes!
Here is our iPhone picture (gosh, I need a new camera!!!)