Gosh, I am no good at recipe titles! For those of you who do, please help!!!! Post a suggestion in “comments”.
I used this recipe long ago, when I first started paleo and really enjoyed it with tilapia, as well as with chicken. It makes basically breaded filets that are crispy and very tasty!
This recipe feeds 2-3 people, but can easily be adjusted to serve more.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, OR white fish filets (such as tilapia)
- 1/2 cup almond flour, OR 1/4 cup coconut flour and 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Salt and pepper to taste (I use kosher and way more than 1/4 tsp, but my family is BIG on flavor! This recipe is VERY mild, so add as much s & p as you like)
- 1 egg
- 2 -4 Tbs coconut oil (Use as much needed to thoroughly fry the filet and moisten the breading.)
- Mix flour, shredded coconut, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken breast in egg and roll in dry mixture.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil when hot.
- Pan fry chicken until fully cooked.
This is so delicious and so very quick, like I said, especially if you are frying fish. This goes well with a fruit and/or salad too!