Do you ever have a mad craving for chicken nuggets, while pursing Paleo? I DO! This recipe from PaleOMG totally gives you your fix! Great texture and taste! The dipping sauce is pretty tasty too.
I like this recipe because it uses coconut flour, as compared to many that require almond meal (which is seriously going up in price). I got my coconut flour at The Good Earth, which is a local health food store chain. It was a while ago, so I can’t quote the price.
Try this out and ENJOY!!!
P.S. My kids LOVE this things too!
Link to recipe source: http://paleomg.com/cilantro-chicken-nuggets/
For the nuggets
- 1lb ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 bundle of cilantro, chopped (the more, the better!)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
For the dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos (I used Tamari)
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground stone mustard (from the bottle/container-not powder)
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey
- Mix all of your nugget ingredients together: ground chicken, egg, cilantro, scallions, sesame oil, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Now heat up a large skillet under medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Place your coconut flour in a shallow bowl.
- Make small balls from your nugget mixture, “nugget sized” and place each nugget in the coconut flour (being sure to only lightly dust the nuggets) then place in your skillet.
- Use a spatula to slightly flatten out each nugget. It only needs just a little press down.
- Cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- While your nuggets cook, mix your dipping sauce ingredients together.
- Once your nuggets are done cooking, dip those little guys in the sauce and eat those grown up nuggets up!