My mom has been visiting us for the past month and came equipped with her beloved meatloaf recipe, converted paleo-style! We had it tonight for dinner and it was easy to prepare and went perfectly well with mashed cauliflower from Paleo Comfort Foods!!!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh or ground sage
- Throughly combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape mixture into a loaf and place it in the middle of a 9×13 baking dish, or use a pre-greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. *See optional glaze below.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting or serving.
- 1/4 cup ketchup of your choice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Put glaze over top of loaf during the last ten minutes of baking time.