I tried this recipe tonight and it was tasty, quick, and simple! Great for a night where you are short on time and supplies!
Chicken Breasts Piquant
Link to recipe: http://www.paleofood.com/chicst.htm#piquant
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or broth or bouillon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- crushed 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried onion
- 1 tsp. paprika 2 chicken breasts, split (I used 6 regular chicken breasts)
- [opt. ingredient: coarsely grated ginger, mustard, oregano (if not sprinkling parsley)]
- Combine first 6 ingredients in skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
From: Joanne Taylor in the 3 Rivers Cookbook II.
I paired this with oven-roasted brussels sprouts.