Ok before I tell you what is on sale, I wanted to let you know that I have seen some cool things at Target lately – specifically processed meats that are nitrite and nitrate free, or free of casing. Now I am the first to admit these should not be a main part of the Paleo diet, but they do come in handy for breakfast meat and quick snacks for my kids. So not that I am encouraging this behavior (he, he), but if you are looking, here is what you can expect to find at Target:
ARCHER FARMS Brand:
- Various chicken sausage that is free of the cancerous nitrites & nitrates, and is casing free. They look like this:
- They are wonderfully priced and pretty tasty as well! They also have chicken breakfast sausage, not pictured here.
OSCAR MEYER Hotdogs:
- Ok, so I know what you are saying, “How healthy can a hotdog really be?” I mean it’s leftovers after all, right? Well, you got me there! But once again, I am here to make things practical and as I progress to get better and better, purchasing these new turkey nitrite/nitrate free hotdogs, for me, is a step in the right direction! Here is what the package(s) look like:
- My kids and I love hotdogs and this is 100% better than what I usually buy. They are affordable and taste good (as far as hotdogs are concerned). And remember, this IS NOT Dallas & Melissa (Whole 9) approved, but like I said , a step in the right direction!
HORMEL NATURAL CHOICE:
- Now I have mentioned these before, but I love that Target has them so cheap (less than $3). This is good for lunchmeat, although Applegate brand meats are my FAVORITE! But my kids will eat this and it’s cheaper than Applegate (how many of you save the super awesome stuff for yourself? I am guilty…and this includes dark chocolate). The package(s) look like this:
Ok, so now that I have upset the hardcore Paleo peeps, let’s move on the what’s in this week’s ads!
- Split Breasts, Drums, Thighs & Whole Twin Pack Chicken – $0.99/lb. (Spend a week eating bone-in and skin-on chicken and SAVE!)
- Strawberries, 16 0z. – $1.89 (Wow! I love covering these is dark chocolate for a Paleo treat)
- Hass avocados – $0.69/each
- Petite Sirloin Steak, Super Value Pack – $3.99/lb.
- Colosimo Sausage, 12 for $10
- Ground Beef 85/15 – $2.99/lb.
- Boneless Pork Sirloin Chops – $2.99/lb.
- Boneless Cross Rib or Chuck Roast – $3.99/lb.
- Pork Spareribs – $2.89/lb.
- Kroger Breakfast Sausage, various kinds – $2.77 each
- Cantaloupe & Honeydew Melon – $0.79/lb. (My favorite!!!! I bought some last week and they we sweet and delicious)
- Baby Carrots – $1.49 each
- Broccoli & Cauliflower – $0.99/lb. each
- Jazz Apples – $0.99/lb.
- Organic Broc & Caul – $1.19/lb.
- Organic Strawberries, 16 oz. – $2.99 each
- Yellow Onions – $0.49/lb.
- Romas – $0.89/lb.
- Minute Maid OJ – $1.99 each (yes, this is my children’s only possible water substitute during breakfast)
- Charmin Basic (16 dbl. rolls) & Ultra Soft (12 dbl. rolls) Packs – $6.99 each
- NOTE: They dropped the prices of their Larabars ($1.37) and added a few better flavors, so look for them in the supplements/dietary aids section near the pharmacy.
- Cage-Free Lrg Brown Eggs, 1 doz. – $1.99 each
- Apple-o-Rama – 10 lbs. for $10
- Asparagus – $2.49/lb.
- Cucumbers & Lrg Green Bells – 2 for $1
- Seedless Watermelon – 2 lbs. for $1
- Tomato-Fest! – 10 lbs. for $10
- Eggplant, Celery, & Baby Carrots – 10 for $10
- Chicken Extravaganza! – 40% OFF!
- Great prices on organic onions, yams, celery, & oranges
- Organic OR Conventional Hass Avocados, 2 for $1
- Lrg Artichokes, Oranges, & Tangelos – $0.88 each
- Ground Turkey, $2.99/lb.
- Pork sausage (Clean) – $2.99/lb.
- Grass-Fed Grnd Beef 93% – $4.99/lb.
- Great prices on organic pears, kiwi fruit, lettuce, & broc and caul.
- Remember DOUBLE-AD Wednesday TOMORROW
(WHEN YOU ARE PALEO POOR!) For me, it depends on the month, lol!
- Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Anjou Pears – 2 lbs. for $1
- Fuji Apples – 2 lbs. for $1
- Hass Avocados – 4 for $1
- Mangos – 2 for $1
- Cucumbers – 5 for $1 (Wed & Thurs only)
- Oranges – 10 lbs. for $1 (Wed & Thurs only)
- Celery & Loose Carrots & Granny Smith Apples- 4 for $1 (Wed & Thurs only)
- Beef Roasts – $1.99 – $2.29/lb.
- Jicama – 3 lbs for $1
- Iceberg Lettuce, 2 for $1
- Ground Chicken – $1.39/lb.
- Ground Beef – $2.39/lb.