Ok, so in the quest to pursue Paleo on a budget, I went through the ads again and wanted to highlight some great deals!
This week, Sunflower Market, has some great stuff:
- Asparagus for $0.97/lb.
- Broccoli for $0.88/lb.
- Red Bell Peppers for $0.88 each
- Onions for $0.49 each (If you eat Paleo, always have onions!)
- Chicken Breast for $1.99/lb.
- Blueberries & Blackberries 2 for $4
- Baby Carrots 1 lb. bag, 2 for $3
- Grapes for $1.99/lb.
- Ground Turkey for $1.99/lb.
- Lots of great prices on organic cauliflower, kiwis, Romas, and apples.
- And remember on Wednesdays, its a double ad day so there are twice as many items on sale!
- Strawberries & Blueberries 2 for $5
- Chicken Breast, Tenders, and Thighs for $1.99/lb.
- Ground Beef $2.49/lb.
- Broccoli & Pears $0.99/lb.
- Peaches, nectarines, & plums for $1.99/lb.
- Good prices on organic mangos, feaf lettuce, and zucchini
- I also LOVE that Smith’s bananas are always $0.52/lb.
- The great thing about Smith’s meat department is that they often have meats we love with an orange tag (which carries a greater & normally very awesome discount). So often times I can get more for my money.
- Another tip: If you don’t mind eating split breasts, rather than a skinless, boneless chicken breast, you can save so much money! You get typically 4 breasts, which for us, feeds the same as 6 boneless ones, and we are meat eaters! The easiest and quickest way to make them is simply to brush them with oil, season them, and broil them in the oven for approximately 7 minutes per side. It is so fast!