Ok, I reposted this recipe previously titled “Wicked Awesome Apple & Bacon Pork Chops”. I realized I made quite a few changes to the original recipe and wanted to make sure I posted my method correctly! This is seriously one of the most delicious meals I have prepared! This is delicious with both chicken and pork, as well as pears or apples.
- 6 pork chops or chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp lard
- 2 medium baking apples (Gala and York are our favorites) or pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 10 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minces
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Kosher salt
- In a large skillet, melt lard over medium-high heat.
- Cook fruit, bacon and onion until onion is softened and bacon is crispy, about 8 minutes
- Add garlic, sage, paprika and toss for 2 minutes.
- Remove topping from heat, transfer to bowl and set-aside.
- Salt and pepper each side of the meat, to taste, and pan fry using the same skillet. Add more lard. *To speed up cooking time, flatten the meat with a malet.
- When meat is cooked (approx. 5 min. per side), make sure the topping is reheated if needed.
- To serve, spoon topping on top of each piece of meat.
Link to the original recipe source: http://paleoparents.com/2011/stuffed-pork-chops/