Ok, so it’s Saturday night and I had NO IDEA what to make! I needed to use chicken breasts and it needed to be QUICK! A long day of painting put me behind schedule, so I did a simple Google search for”oven baked chicken paleo”. I love stuff you can just throw in the oven, while you finish up other things (for me, it was cleaning the dirty kitchen)!
This was the first link that popped up and it was good and FAST! I made a few small changes to the recipe, but this is the source:
I start to in the oven was less than 10 minutes! This is a good recipe for those moments when you are short on time and big on taste!
- Chicken pieces (any kind will do). I made 6 breasts tonight.
- Green onions (I used 2)
- Curry Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Chicken stock (I used just enough to deglaze the skillet and have a little left over in the skillet)
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and curry powder to your liking.
- Add chicken to the skillet and brown one side of the chicken and flip.
- Sprinkle green onions and basil flakes over chicken, as the other side is browning.
- Add chicken stock and let cook for 2 minutes longer before putting the skillet into the oven to complete the cooking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cooked thoroughly. Enjoy!
I cooked asparagus as a side and that was fast too! I trimmed them and put them in a large plastic bag, added some salt, pepper, and olive oil. I shook them in the bag to distribute the ingredients and then baked them for about 10 minutes @ 400 degrees. I love my double oven!!! Both dishes were ready in no time! Happy Sunday!