I don’t care how you eat, but unless you are a vegetarian, you MUST TRY THIS! Delicious is an understatement! The best part was the roast I got was on sale at Sunflower Market. So if roast seems a little pricey, just wait until it goes on sale. I used a CHUCK ROAST and it came out so juicy!
I found this delicious recipe on YouTube from “Broke A** Paleo” and it is by far the best tasting thing I have made to date!
This recipe is simple and easy!
Link to the recipe source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlDwj_hAgQg
- 1 3-5 lb. roast (Mine was approx. 4 lbs.) Chuck roast is our favorite!
- 6-8 garlic cloves, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Once garlic is sliced, used a paring knife to impregnate your roast with the garlic clove plugs. Keep them 1-2 inches apart, and plug both sides of the roast. Put into a large baking dish.Next, sprinkle the oregano, thyme, and rosemary liberally on both sides. And a bit of salt, as well, and pepper to your liking.
- Rub the spices into the meat (see picture).
- Drizzle about 1 tbsp of olive oil onto the meat and rub into the meat again.
- Put into the oven for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Take out of oven. Should be nice and browned on both sides with juices at the bottom of your baking dish.
- Deglaze the bottom of the baking dish with some olive oil.
- Put the roast and all those yummy juices (1/4 cup max) into your crockpot on low for 4-5 hours.
- Once its done, let the meat rest for 10 minutes before you cut into it.
- Remember to cut the roast against the grain of the meat. And enjoy!!!