As many of you know, we co-own CrossFit Utah Valley, and through it we have learned the Paleo way and have many clients and friends that have made some awesome Paleo Goodness! I am going to feature some of them this week!
First, I will start with Dallin Dickerson’s trail mix/granola:
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cup raw slivered or chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil (I, Dallin switched it out for olive, but coconut would be awesome too) (I, Brandy used coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 325. In large bowl add dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and combine well. Spread thin on baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. Stir and bake another 5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5-10 minutes in pan.
Link to recipe source: http://crossfituv.com/paleo-granola/
I have not made this personally, but the words my husband uses to describe it are…”Freakin’ awesome” and “God bless Dallin”.